Monday, March 31, 2008

Well I guess I am getting old...


My sisters Elissa, Mary Lee, me, and Julie Anna and Tim in the background

I have come to the realization that my body is aging and not as agile as it used to be. How did I come to find this out? Well this weekend I had the privilege of going to my 12 year old nephew's birthday party at the Skating Rink!! I used to be quite the roller skating queen, so I thought I was gonna blow everyone out of the water with my awesome skating ability. I had not been on skates in about 10 years....so whenever I put on those roller skates (not Rollerblades) for the first time...I thought I was gonna kill myself. My sister Mary Lee, asked me to help serve cake and ice cream WHILE I WAS IN MY SKATES. A couple kids almost got cake in their face and me in their lap. It was funny to watch the kids faces as I came stumbling towards them, I could tell they too were scared I was going to crush them. I realized my balance has definitely waned since my elementary years. Not only that but within the first 10 minutes of skating...my legs, ankles, and butt all began to hurt. I have huge bruises on my knees from my many tumbles to the ground..it was sad. Not as sad as my sister Julie Anna skating though....she is 17 and most of the 4 year olds out on the rink were better than she was. It was so so sad. She went around the rink about 3 times total in the three hours we were there with her arms out to the side slowly moving back and forth, that is if she didn't tumble to the ground. Which she did on many occasions.




Example #1 of Julie Anna about to fall (with a little help of course)

Example #2 of Julie Anna about to fall (Notice the flailing arms and we aren't even moving)

Despite the fact that I am sore and bruised, the party was fun and I decided Tim and I should go skating more often to improve our skills and maybe we can join a couples skating league (yes they really have them...).

2 comments:

Magen Quiroz said...

you guys look like old pros... so i'm pretty sure my grandparents were in a couples skating league... they were pretty good, so i heard... you should think about it... can't wait to see you... sara was just asking about you this morning :)

The Texas VicHorns said...

couples skating league?? sign us up!

Love the pics! I miss Elissa. Tell her hi and to call a sister. And to start a blog.

Are you so stoked for AI tomorrow??