Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman:

Since I have been pregnant, people have been so very kind in their comments to me. Or not. It baffles me that women who have been pregnant before and know what it feels like to get huge and have nothing fit and feel miserable, still feel the need to comment on how large you are getting, how big of a baby you are going to have based on your size, etc. I have come to the conclusion that no woman no matter how big she is EVER wants to be told "You are Huge!" I mean I really don't care if I am 12 months pregnant and have gained 300 pounds, please tell me I look great. Sure I will totally know you are lying, but its much better than hearing some of the following things I have heard since being pregnant:

(These are actual word for word quotes of things people have so kindly told me)

"Wow you are HUGE!"

"From the looks of it you are going to have a BIG baby" (I mean really don't blame it on the baby, just tell me you think I am gaining alot of weight)

"You look like you are already retaining alot of water. By this summer your going to be as big as a whale" ( hey,at least they were honest!)

" Your only 20 weeks? WOW!"

" So, you probably had to start wearing maternity clothes pretty early huh?"

"Hopefully you will lose it as fast as you gained it!"

"Oh just wait till this summer, you're really going to blow up"

I mean in all honesty, I have started to just laugh. People have no tact! It really hurt my feelings at first to be called huge, because I feel huge and I am fully aware I am gaining weight, but now I just have to laugh at how stupid people are. I have only gained 16 pounds, according to my doctor I am not retaining water at all, and the baby is average size as of now.

Just thought I would give you a little laugh today, and let you know that if you ever see a pregnant woman, huge or not, just tell her she looks wonderful. It will make her day. Honesty is not always the best policy :)

No comments: